The Ultimate 250 Unique Wedding Ideas
With Christmas and New Year’s Eve nearly upon us there has never been a better time to pop the question and start planning what is probably going to be the biggest and most amazing party you will ever throw! At Elite Marquees we know first-hand just how much there is to organise for the big day. So to that end we’ve put together our ultimate list of unique wedding ideas to help bring that something special to one of the happiest days of your life. If you’re in a hurry just click a link on the menu below, or if you have time then sit back, put your feet up and enjoy the whole list in all its awesomeness! 🙂
The magic moment has finally happened and now it’s time to tell the whole world the good news!
1. This actually made us laugh out loud!
2. Talk to the hand!
3. There is never a bad time for coffee!
4. What a great profile pic!
5. Get the pets in on the act!
6. Well they don’t call it tying the knot for nothing
7. Another classic!
8. Simple but so cute!
9. The most romantic city in the world!
No Engagement would be complete without an engagement party!
1. Now you’ve had the engagement shoot, you NEED to display those photos! What better excuse for a party!
2. Make a table runner out of photos from the shoot, as well as your time together…
3. Get in there early with the cake…
sourced Crumbs & Doilies cakes
4. Let your friends reinvent your proposal story with a silly word game…
5. Now he’s put a ring on it make sure there’s rings EVERYWHERE… from the drinks labels…
6. Through to the appetisers
7. Not so much engagement party, but 100% Awesome! Have a pre-wedding field day so your groomsmen and bridesmaids can get acquainted with one another
8. And don’t be the envy of your girlfriends, give everybody a rock… of ice!
9.Use the engagement party as an opportunity to for a cake tasting.
Now the party’s over its time to let everyone know to save the date!
1. Of course once you’ve set a date, you want to let people know! So get your save the dates ready. Here are a few ideas for inspiration, starting with a simple stamp…
2. You could make little save the date stickers and ask your guests to stick them to their calendar so that they don’t forget…
3. Perhaps you want to go literal and let people know the date that you’ll be ‘tying the knot’…
4. How about getting creative and searching the web for different ideas…
5. Here’s some balloons that you can blow up with your details on…
6. Or a personalised pencil…
7. Or you could think about your favourite film and mimic the DVD cover…
8. Decoder Invite, we love this one!
Invitations at the ready, its time to send out those formal invites.
1. You’ve set the date. You’ve sent the save the dates. Now what to do for your invites? If you’ve got a colour scheme then show it on your stationary
2. Vintage Book Inspired Wedding Invites
3. If you’re going to have a destination wedding then you could go for travel ticket style invites…
4. Or go the extra mile and get your details printed on luggage tags…
5. Pretty much anything goes as long as you like it then we’re sure your guests will like it too!
6. Handy tip: Put a line on the RSVPs for a song
7. Or ask guests for as many details as you like
8. One our favorites…Viewmaster Invitation!
You’ve got your man, now you need your maids! How about asking them by…
1. Scratching off cards, have to be cutest thing!
2. A Sweet treat for the sweetest people in your life.
3. Or you could get a personalised wine bottle…
4. Or maybe something a bit cryptic?
5. Maybe just a single letter…
6. Old School Mix Tape how could you go wrong!
7. Super Cute Pom Pom’s
8. Lets go for a coffee, I have something we need to talk about…
9. Just be honest about the whole thing!
So you know who your amazing bridesmaids are going to be, you’ve asked the questions and now its time to have some fun!
1. Every girl is different when it comes to the dress, but you pretty much get to tell your bridesmaids what to wear so if it isn’t something hideous then what about having the same colour dresses in different styles…
2. Or multi colored bridesmaid dresses
3. Or the same dress but everybody wear different coloured shoes
5. Perhaps have the dresses all the same colour but in different shades
6. Cocktail testing with your besties? Is there a better way to plan a wedding?
7. Probably the best bridal shower game ever! Personality Pants! Invite each of the guests to bring a pair of pants (as a gift) for the bride that represents THEIR personality! When bride opens up the presents she will have three guesses to match the panties to the friend’s personality! LOVE IT!
8. How well do you know the bride game
9.We didn’t think this list would be complete without this classic….
What about the Groomsman? The possibilities are endless!
1. Most people tend to go traditional with the groomsmen and have them wearing a different coloured waistcoat to the grooms…
2. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a sneaky bit of fun with them like each guy wearing a different superhero t-shirt under their shirt…
3. Or each of them having different super hero cuff links
4. What about different socks?
5. What about photo’s of the groomsmen excited much?
6. Boys will be boys!
7. Who said anything about bridezilla
8. Dont forget to ask with this DIY be my best man box
9. Or something simpler…
And leaving the best till last what about your gorgeous groom!
1. You could sew a little message on the tie of your husband to be
2. Or sew the date of your wedding on the underside of his collar
3. Cold feet socks
4. Surprise him with a message from the bridesmaids!
5. Get his ring engraved
6. Beer Cake!
7. Hide a love note in his suit
8. There’s still time, well if you have a sense of humor…
9. And if you’re feeling cheeky, boudoir photos…
As the big day rapidly approaches it’s time to get the rest of the family involved!
1. This has to be the sweetest father of the bride gift!
2. Who said that flower girls have to be young!? Get your grandmas to be the flower girls…
3. Ring security child anyone??
4. Don’t forget your pets…
5. A gift for the mother of the groom..
6. Dont forget your own mum!
7. He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother
So no wedding would be complete without a girls best friend, you’ve already got your diamond, its time for your other best friend, SHOES!
1. Personalised converse
2. A secret message from the groom…
3. A message from the bridesmaids
4. What woman doesn’t love colour coordination!
5. This has to be the cutest shot!
6. Or you could customise both sets of shoes…
7. Maybe just something for him?
8. OK were stretching the definition of shoe but how cool are theses!
All of the little details matter and if you want to go all out (and help your future husband find the right finger)…..
1. then you could have “I do” nails!
2. Lace nails, now you don’t see that everyday!
3. A simple classic ring
4. Something blue
5. White Caviar styled nails, oh how fancy!
6. Chrome tips for a clean finish.
7. Nails to match your flower designs
8. A very literal manicure
9. A bit of bling for the ring
Now its time for the beautiful bride…
1. Stitch the date of your wedding on the inside of your dress (something blue?)
3. Don’t forget the silver sixpence for good luck!
4. We think every bride needs this!
5. This has to be one of the cutest things for a bride to have!
6. You would be amazed at how many brides forget the bubbles!
7. What about a custom made headpiece?
You’re all set and your guests are want to know who’s involved, which is where wedding program’s can come in handy. Let everybody know the times…
1. Meet the party in a whole new way!
2. This lovely and simple rustic design will keep everyone on time!
3. Breaking News! You’re at a wedding!
4. This Mad Men themed design are full of retro goodness!
5. So what if some of your guests forget confetti!
6. If you’re feeling a little more offbeat what about this amazing carnival theme?
7. Destination wedding, or just the on the journey of love, try this travel themed program!
8. Another fantastic way of introducing the who’s who of your wedding
9. Now we’re not saying people are going to get bored, but isn’t this fun!
Your flowers probably match your colour scheme….
1.but if you don’t have a favorite flower then why not make some yourself?
2. It’s not too hard to make a bouquet of paper flowers…
3. Or you can get someone else to make them for you
4. These are made from vintage books and look so cute!
5. Baby’s breath is amazing!
6. We think these corsages are just beautiful
7. What about a floral necklace?
8. A floral head piece just screams summer
9. Or maybe you fancy a cascade design?
So imagine today’s the day! Just look around at everybody getting ready and imagine seeing little details such as….
1. Personalised coat hangers! Everybody will love to keep them as a momento
2. You and your girls are all wearing dressing gowns with ‘Bridesmaid’, ‘Maid of Honour’, and ‘Bride’ on them, another treasure for them to keep
3. Little bottles of bubbly scattered around the room (drinking alcohol out of straws is allowed on the morning of your wedding is allowed right?!)
4. Or if Champagne isn’t your thing…
5. You’ve watched so many hair tutorials on YouTube you could probably do it yourself but just relax and let somebody else do it for you
6. Make sure that the photographer gets some photos of everybody getting ready
7. This is not a day to be missing breakfast!
8. Get in the car and off you go!
9. Or perhaps something a little different
Arriving at your venue, excited to see your husband to be, imagine walking down the isle…
1. On a personalised runner with photos of your time together
2. Or maybe something more minimal in style
3. How beautiful does this look, really simple to implement as well.
4. There can never be enough balloons
5. It doesn’t have to be complicated, something simple can be effective
6. How stunning is this, candle light is so romantic
7. This looks so simple but so pretty at the same time, great for a wedding outdoors.
8. Another great use for baby’s breath!
9. Adorn your isle with memories
As the ceremony ends its time to make your way to the reception and what better way to decorate the venue than…
1. With paper lanterns
2. Pom Poms
3. Use baubles and ribbon to make a DIY chandelier
4. Wedding fairy lights, how cute is this!
5. I bet you never considered putting paper doileys up with your fairy lights did you!?
6. We are all for wedding balloons…..giant wedding balloons!
7. Or even balloons with confetti in
8. What about this take on lighting?
9. Rustic wedding chair signs
10. Love story blackboard
11. Vodka quotes
12. Custom photo frame!
13. A little draped fabric
15. Floating candles
A wedding is full of memories so what better way for your guests to leave you a message than…
1. Drop top guest book
2. Who doesn’t love an anniversary pinata
3. This video guestbook looks adorable
4. This is a really unique way of say congrats….jenga
5. Putting the pieces together
6. Say cheese with this photo booth guest book!
7. All around the world with this globe!
8. This thumbprint guest book is such a novel idea
9. If you don’t fancy a photo booth you could always go for Polaroids
10. Messages in a bottle!
11. These framed messages are just the cutest!
No party would be complete without a bar so what about…..
1. Serve drinks from water coolers!
2. This custom bar area is a great idea!
3. Keep things cool with these ice pops!
4. Try something different with a mimosa bar
5. Or go continental with sangria
6. Or something different with cocktails
7. What about this funky mobile bar?
8. Help your self alcohol bathtub
With the party getting started it’s time to dance and let the games begin…
1. A wedding DJ app, plan your tracks and let the app mix the rest!
2. We all love a game of giant jenga!
3. Keep the kids entertained with their own party table
4. It’s time for a good old fashioned family game of flip cup!
6. One word! “Hilarious!”
7. You are never to old for a pinata
8. A great way to get some fantastic wedding photos and entertain your guests!
9. Release your inner gamer!
10. Any game is instantly made awesome by being in giant form!
11. The wedding shoe game……Google it!
12. Mobile mini golf!
Now the party’s in full swing and all your amazing guests enjoying the games it’s time for some more eats…
1. Rent out a food truck
3. Smore’s bar!!!
4. Help yourself at the candy bar!
6. No explanation needed!
7. Keep cool with an ice cream bar
8. Don’t waffle on….see what we did there!
9. Help yourself to tacos
10. Not for the faint hearted, sticky ribs!
11. Harry Potter themed food…..
12. All day breakfast!
13. Check out this amazing picnic!
14. Don’t be too cheesy…..
15. Or go cheese crazy!
17. DIY sandwich toasties station
18. Pizza buffet
19. Or maybe something more delicate…
20. Popcorn station
21. You could hire an ice cream van
No wedding would be complete without a wedding cake and why don’t you….
1. Release your inner superhero
2. It’s a cake honest!
3. We love this tea party themed cake
4. Not too sure how we feel about this one though, impressive but a little creepy…..
5. If you’re a Doctor Who fan then you would love this!
7. Oreo wedding cake
8. Everything is awesome when you’re part of a team
9. Try something different and have a naked cake
10. You could get your cake to match your colour scheme
11. Something simple but sweet
12. Love this jelly cake idea
13. Rice Krispie wedding cake
14. Doughnut wedding cake
So you’ve got your cake but what better way to express yourself than your cake topper!
1. Super heroes
2. Or something more rustic
3. Maybe something a little wild wild west
4. Or maybe some classic Disney
5. Maybe your new husband is a fireman….or even if hes not!
6. A little bit of penguin love
7. A more recent classic
8. Mr & Mrs Smith….
9. Simple and classy
10. Get the pets involved
11. Surfer love
12. Whales in love
13. Two little love birds
14. Or a helping hand
As the party draws to an end, spread the love a little further with these great wedding favors.
1. You are the perfect match after all!
2. These macaroon pops are so cute!
3. Hint, hint
4. We think this is very true!
5. Not just for the kids
6. Thanks for popping by….
7. It really is the start of a new journey
8. Something to warm you on those cold nights, mini hot chocolates
9. A really great memory for people to keep forever
With so much going on around you it can be easy to miss some of those special moments…
1. This could be the start of something beautiful
2. A sign of things to come
3. This shot is so sweet
4. It’s official
5. Sometimes it feels like the whole day was a dream
6. You can just feel the emotion in this photo
7. Girls just wanna have fun!
8. A moment of magic
9. A lifetime of love
10. But don’t hide your eyes
11. You don’t want to miss something!
12. Or recreate something historical
13. We always knew you were arty types
14. It might have seemed chaotic at times
15. But together you can watch the sun go down
All that’s left to do is say thank you to friends and family.
Sourced Miller & Miller
Enjoy your honeymoon
and spend the rest of your lives, living happily, ever, after!